Dry Chapped Lips: Causes & Best Treatment
Chapped, or severely dry, cracked lips are usually caused by a few things:
• Sun Damage – Lack of protection on your lips can lead to sunburnt lips, making them puffy, dry or cracked.
• Dehydration, which you may not be getting enough water for your body to function properly. We can also get dehydrated by excess alcohol, prolonged exercise activity, sugary drinks, too much coffee, or excessive tannins, found in red wine, teas, and some fruit juices.
• Nutrients – Being deficient in Vitamin B might explain cracked lips & rashes. Iron and zinc deficiencies can often contribute to chapped or unusually dry lips.
• Exposure to low temperatures, wind, or very dry weather. These environmental factors are often unavoidable, so using a protective CBD lip balm is our best way of combating them.
• Medications, like chemotherapy, antihistamines, or supplementation with retinoids and lithium.
• Lip licking – a habit formed by having dry lips which usually makes it worse.
• Medical condition – There are diseases and ailments that can drastically affect the moisture levels and dryness in your lips causing cracks on lips and edges of your mouth.
Dry and chapped lips left untreated can lead to skin flaking, inflammation, soreness, swelling and even bleeding. In less severe cases, cracked and dry lips can be fixed by avoiding risk factors and promoting recovery through simple home remedies, such as aloe vera and a high-quality lip balm packed with strategically formulated ingredients to keep your lips healthy.
However, not all lip balms are created equal, and some of them can do more harm than good. In some cases, when the thin layer of product evaporates from the lips, the lip balm can make lips even drier, and you’ll feel the urge to reapply it compulsively. This is the case with most subpar lip balms.
CBD Lip Balm Benefits
Besides leaving your lips smooth and shiny, a quality CBD lip balm can also help alleviate pain and tenderness associated with dry, flaky, and cracked lips. Many people also use lip balm on superficial cuts, which helps them heal faster. We’ve taken it a step further and created the strongest CBD lip balms available. At over 200mg per tube, this is the equivalent of using a 1,300mg-per-ounce topical!
CBD lip balm can work wonders on severely chapped lips with just a few applications. Our CBD lip balms use all natural oils and contain vitamin A, and Aloe which promote healthy and glowing skin while slowing down the aging processes.
Besides the key ingredient– whole plant hemp extract, our All Natural Lip Balms are packed with moisturizing, soothing, and hydrating organic oils and plant butters that will keep your lips soft and silky smooth all day long. Because lips are so sensitive, we made sure our lip balm is made with zero chemicals. It’s sweetener-free, gluten-free, cruelty-free, toxin-free, solvent-free, herbicide-free, pesticide-free, paraben-phthalate-&-phosphate-free.
Lips lack oil glands, which means that they don’t produce their own protective oils. To remedy this, we have formulated our balm to give a nice, rich coat, ensuring that your lips stay protected without the need to constantly reapply it.
Some lip balms are sickly sweet, but our CBD lip balms have a very subtle taste and smell, more like a hint of pleasant aroma than a heavy flavoring. We’ve created four different scents so there’s sure to be one to suit everyone’s tastes: Acai Blackberry, Strawberry Lemonade, Cinnamint & Peppermint.